There is one stand-alone module within the 'Taxation' subject area.
Taxation (stand-alone 15 credit module)(C89TA)
- To provide a knowledge and understanding of the core, ongoing aspects of the UK Taxation system, of the distinctions between income and capital and between direct and indirect taxes.
- To enable students to apply their knowledge in solving Taxation problems and computing Taxation liabilities.
- The UK Tax System and Self Assessment
- The Income Tax Computation
- Personal Allowances and Tax Credits
- Pension Provision and National Insurance
- Pay As You Earn (PAYE)
- Introduction to Business Taxation
- Income from Self-Employment
- Inroduction to Corporate Tax and Administration
- An Introduction to Capital Taxes
- Capital Gains Tax Relief
- The Principles of VAT