There are two courses within the 'Marketing' subject area. These courses are synoptically-linked and are studied and examined together.
Marketing Fundamentals (C88MF)
- Prepare and implement a marketing plan.
- Design a market segmentation and positioning strategy.
- Apply principles and theoretical concepts to problems faced by marketing managers.
- Marketing: Development and Scope
- Strategic Marketing and the Planning Process
- Consumer Buyer Behaviour
- Industrial Buyer Behaviour
- Marketing Research
- Segmentation, Targeting and Positioning
- Place: Channels of Distribution
- Virtual Marketing
- Marketing Planning and Promotion
Marketing Perspectives (C88MP)
- This module aims to provide a critical perspective on marketing practice. Students will be encouraged to critically reflect on marketing activity in a range of business sectors and contexts (UK and International).
The module will critically examine marketing in practice. A range of marketing contexts and sectors will be used to evaluate and debate the adequacy of basic marketing.